Monday, February 17, 2014

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on GeForce 210

I've been playing this game since a few days. I still have P4 HT & Geforce 210. It wasn't that smooth at first on high setting but toning down a few settings has made it run smooth. I don't remember toning everything down & I'm lazy to check. So far it has been fun. This game is almost as much fun as the Elder Scrolls series. In fact Skyrim tends to get repetitive at times. This game hasn't gotten repetitive yet but I'm still early in the game. The combat is main beauty of the game. It's so beautiful that my hero is more of a mixed character than one in specific category. Though I mix up my character in other RPG games as well but I choose to be a rogue mainly. In Reckoning, the weapons associated with other personalities are so cool that you rarely want to be one kind. In other RPG's, when I choose to be a Rogue/Archer, I DO use a sword for close combat & rarely use magic. But in reckoning, like I said the weapons & animation are so beautiful that I don't want to give up the hammers. Hammers are so much fun. And I also use some magic though I've started using staves & other cool magic weapons (and the other magical weapons are really cool) less & less. There are a few things I wish they had added but every RPG can't be Skyrim. So, unfortunately:

* You can not have a love interest or get married. (I read you can get married in some DLC but not Skyrim style)
* There are no horses or any other rides. (The plain is vast & at times you'd want to take a ride. There are fast travels though.)
* You can not buy houses in every village/town you visit. (You can buy only ONE house, which you can upgrade like 4 or 5 times. The house has a chest that you can use to dump the stuff you don't want to sell but it has a limit of 150. The house also has a mirror where you can change your appearance.) This house can be found at 'Webwood.'
* You can not use your bow in stealth mode. (I hate this very much.) What's the point of stealth if you can not attack enemies from far while hiding. It has these daggers that you can use in stealth which can instantly kill an unaware enemy from stealth and has cool animations for different kinds of enemies.
* You can not have allies. (Kinda sucks because there are just so many cool weapons to choose from & there doesn't seem to be any quick way to access them. You can only map Primary & secondary weapons. For others, you'll have to open up your menu.)

There are so many other cool things you can do in this game. So far, I've been enjoying it very much. Let's see. I've heard it doesn't have good story or the plot doesn't move forward or so. Also, it would be cool if the game allows a controller & we can set some weapons to some quick redial. I don't remember checking my shitbox controller. Maybe I did & it didn't work. I don't remember :P

No comments: